Farming First is pleased to be acting as a media partner of the Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture (GFIA) event, taking place on 9-10th March 2015 in Abu Dhabi.
The world has to find a way to produce 56% more food by 2050. Innovation in agriculture will be part of the answer to feeding nine billion people while using less resources and reducing environmental impacts. The GFIA conference will see the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition centre open its doors to the world’s largest showcase of sustainable agriculture solutions, and you are invited to be part of it.
Latest speakers confirmed include:
- H.E. Sharon Dijksma, Minister for Agriculture, The Netherlands
- H.E. Dr. Rashid); Ahmed Bin Fahad, Minister of Environment & Water, UAE
- Dr. Juergen Voegele, Senior Director, Agriculture Global Practice with The World Bank
- Dymphna van der Lans, CEO, Clinton Climate Initiative
Conference highlights include:
- Global Climate-Smart Agriculture Summit
- Post Harvest Waste: From Prevention to Valorisation
- Edible Cities: building Resilience With Urban Agriculture
- Aquaculture and Indoor Agriculture Discovery Days
- ICT for Sustainable Agriculture
100+ presentations will promote various sustainable agriculture solutions in which each speaker will have 15 minutes to explain the benefits of their innovation. Solutions presented range from creating of bio-plastic from agricultural waste, to boosting the resilience of rice through biotechnology.
In addition to this, everyone from food producers to governments and NGOs to ICT companies can explore an exhibit showcasing 250 companies from around the world and their latest technical innovations in sustainable agriculture.
View the full conference preview online here. Follow @GFIA2015 for the latest announcements.