IFPRI Agricultural Technology Summit:
Food Security in a World of Changing Climate and Natural Resource Scarcity: The Role of Agricultural Technologies
Newseum Conference Center 8th Floor
555 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001 February 12, 2014
08:00 – 13:00 hrs
On February 12th, the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) will launch their newest report, Food Security in a World of Growing Natural Resource Scarcity: Role of Agricultural Technologies, during a global agricultural summit hosted at the Newseum in Washington, DC. The first-of-its-kind report shows how innovations can affect maize, wheat and rice yields in 2050 and their impact on farm productivity, commodity prices, hunger, malnutrition and trade flows.
The global summit will feature academics, policymakers and experts analyzing the study results and the policies needed to advance its conclusions. IFPRI will also unveil an innovative new online tool that enables policymakers to easily visualize the impacts of agricultural technologies at the micro-level.
To sign up or access the webcast, visit the event page here or RSVP on EventBrite.
8 am – Registration
9 am – Opening remarks from Shenggen Fan, Director General, IFPRI
9.15 – Keynote and Panel: Food Security in a World of Changing Climate and Natural Resource Scarcity: The Role of Agricultural Technologies
- Mark Rosegrant, Director, Environment and Production Technology Division, IFPRI – Lead Author
- Guillaume Gruere, Senior Policy Analyst Trade and Agriculture, Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development
- Robert Carlson, President, World Farmers Organization
10.45 am – Coffee Break
11 am – Getting Technologies to Farmers
- Johannes Linn, Senior Fellow, Global Economy and Development Program, Brookings Institution Scaling up Agricultural Technologies.
- Tom Campbell, Senior Advisor, CNFA
- Ruth Meinzen-Dick, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI. Adoption of Climate Smart Agricultural Practices
- Judy Chambers, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI and Director, Program for Biosafety Systems. Fixing Regulatory Systems for Agricultural Technologies
12 pm – Networking lunch