Want to get your content out to the Farming First audience & beyond? Got a news story, expert view or farmer voice that needs sharing? Check out the ways you can contribute throughout 2018 and get your message out to our captive audience of sustainable agriculture advocates.
To submit content for consideration please contact [email protected]
FARMING FIRST BLOGGING
Farming First welcomes blog content from Farming First supporters. We accept three types of articles:
- Expert views: Thought leadership from a senior figure in your organisation. For guidelines click here.
- News / feature blogs: A story promoting your work on the ground, written by communications staff or collaborators. For guidelines, click here.
- My Farm Life: First person narratives from farmers that include an account of their day to day life on the farm, and recommendations for policymakers. For guidelines, click here.
Farming First is currently accepting guest blogs from supporters as part of the following partnerships. All content will be cross-posted on the Farming First website.
- Farmletter: A monthly newsletter produced by the World Farmer’s Organisation. To access the list of topics for 2018 click here.
- Global Food for Thought: As part of our media partnership with the Chicago Council’s Global Food Security Symposium, Farming First supporters are invited to submit blogs on a range of topics. For the full list, click here.
FARMING FIRST CAMPAIGNS
On 6th March 2018, Farming First will be launching a new campaign on empowering rural women. We will continue its promotion throughout the Commission on the Status of Women until 20th March 2018. We encourage you to gather stories and content featuring women who have managed to bridge the gender gap in agriculture for promotion during this period. This may include:
- Blogging about women you work with on your website, linking to the Farming First campaign when it launches
- Sharing graphics, videos and existing stories on social media with the campaign hashtag, when revealed
- Creating your own multimedia content for promotion during the campaign