Achieving sustainable agriculture requires intensified, continuous research, prioritising locally relevant crops, stewardship techniques, and adaptation to climate change.
- Conduct agronomic research on issues of water, soil fertility, post-harvest losses, climate change, and alternative uses for by-products.
- Conduct research into crop varieties needed by the poorest and most vulnerable regions.
- Promote farmer-centred research in accordance with their needs.
- Improved productivity through the responsible use of science and technology.
- Establish public-private research collaboration around integrated solutions.
- Increase investments from governments and business toward relevant R&D.
- Investigate alternative uses for agriculture-based by-products along the value chain.