Fundamental resources should be available to farmers, including women and young farmers, to help them manage their production process more reliably and at less cost.
- Secure access to land and water resources, especially for women farmers.
- Provide rural access to microfinance services, especially to microcredit.
- Build infrastructure – particularly roads and ports – to make supplies available to farmers.
- Establish training programs in infrastructure management, operations and maintenance for local and regional settings
- Improve access to agricultural inputs and services, including mechanical tools, seeds, fertilizers, and crop protection materials.
- Encourage and co-ordinate multiple local actors to ensure information and supplies get into farmers’ hands.
- Invest in bioenergy where it contributes to energy security and to rural development.