- This event has passed.
Achieving Sustainable Food Systems Through Innovation
March 12 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Held as part of the Fourth Session of the United Nations Environment Assembly, this side event will showcase the ways in which agricultural innovations can contribute to a more sustainable food system, delivering improved environmental stewardship, higher productivity and less food loss and waste.
The moderated Q&A will focus on three core questions:
- Which innovations are making our food system more environmentally sound?
- Which types of policies can help make food production and consumption patterns more sustainable?
- What are the big ideas that will help the agriculture sector “Solve Different”?
Robert Hunter, Co-Chair, Farming First
- Amy Azania, Senior Policy Officer, One Acre Fund
- Amanda Namayi, East Africa Regional Co-ordinator, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network Luciano Loman, Nuffield Scholar and Executive Director, Metos Brasil
- Brian Lindsay, Sector Lead for Sustainability, Dairy Sustainability Framework
- Ross Smith, Senior Regional Programme Advisor, WFP Regional Bureau for East & Central Africa