22nd February 2018
“Enabling Positive Outcomes for Nutrition in Africa”
**By registration only**
Please RSVP via email to ifpri-dakar[@]cgiar[dot]org or by phone: 338699800.
The event will focus on enabling positive outcomes for nutrition across Africa, drawing extensively from the findings of our report, Nourished: How Africa can Build a Future Free from Hunger and Malnutrition.
- Keynote (15mins) H.E. Dr Papa Abdoulaye Seck, Minister of Agriculture, Republic of Senegal **invited
- Moderated discussion (60mins)
- Dr Ousmane Badiane, Africa Director, IFPRI (chair) – Introduction
- Sir Gordon Conway, Professor for International Development, Imperial College London – The state of malnutrition in Africa
- Abdoulaye Ka, Director, Cellue de Lutte contre la Malnutrition (CLM), Senegal.
- Nachilala Nkombo, Country Director, WWF Zambia – Global and continental policy processes and institutional reforms
- Paul Ilona, Nigeria Country Manager, HarvestPlus – Getting nutritious crops to farmers and rural communities: experience from Nigeria
- Audience Q&A (30mins)
- Press conference & cocktail reception